*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885468-Zombie-Idea
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1553962
My journey to completing my first novel
#885468 added June 23, 2016 at 6:34am
Restrictions: None
Zombie Idea
Gods and Zombies.





She is sitting in a boarded up corner shop, zombies surround her trying to get in.  Making her way to the back of the store see's a small personal altar, a candle sitting surrounded by dried up petals.  She recognises the small stature at the centre as Hecate the Greek Goddess.  Thinking she is about to die she strikes a match from the box by the side of the candle and in a last ditch attempt prays to Hecate to save her.





She feels a cool touch on her arm, hears a whispering disembodied voice.  A zombie smashed through the small boarded up stock room window behind her, turning round to face it a blue flash of light streaks by her and hits the zombie.  He collapses half in and half out in a ball of white fire, which burns out in seconds leaving a blackened corpse.  She smells burnt zombie flesh yuck.





She whispers 'Hecate' and a woman appears in front of her, looking very human in a plain white toga with a look of shock and confusion pasted across her face.





WTF, she didn't believe in Gods or Goddess, but hell she hadn't believed in zombies until a few days ago.





A crash from the front of the shop snapped her attention away from the woman, breaking glass and then a very loud groaning floated to her, they were in.





She asks the woman if she use can do that again, it can't be a coincidence she appears after a zombie fries itself.





She shakes her head, long black hair faling over her green eyes.  No, I don't have the energy.





Great, now she needed to save herself and the maybe Hecate Greek Goddess or impersonator.





All the zombie noise was coming from the front now, the ones round the back must have got distracted and followed their fellow flesh eaters noise.  Grimacing she gripped the charred remains of the zombie and pushed it back out the window.  They were banging and pushing up against the stock room door, She peeked out the window, no Zombies about to eat them.  She could see a lone Zombie down the end of the street, shuffling along, missing an arm and trailing a broken leg behind it.





The door started the buckle inwards, the weight of the herd was going to break the door any second.  The sound of snapping wood made me move faster, I grabbed the maybe goddess' arm and dragged her through the window. 





She dug her heels in the floor, the look of shock gone.  Where am I and what is going on?  She refused to go out the window, crossing her arms she started tapping her foot.  I gestured towards the door just as the zombies crashed through, are they sick?  Really lady, do they look well to you?





A zombie reached for Hecate, trailing a line of blood up her arm, rotten teeth clacking together.  She screamed and hurled herself through the window, the zombies close behind.  I grabbed her arm and we ran.





PS.  I know it switches tenses but it's just an idea, a scene I saw in my head.



© Copyright 2016 CuriousBones (UN: epiphany09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
CuriousBones has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885468-Zombie-Idea