*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885778-Truth-and-Loss---June-27th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#885778 added June 27, 2016 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Truth and Loss - June 27th
Vacation is over. Monday brought brought both a return to heels and an overloaded inbox. It was nice to get away but my type A personality began to ramp up about 48 hours to boarding my return flight home as I anticipated everything waiting for me back at work. Today I have to remember to breath and fit in my daily dose of blogging to keep my right brain/left brain in harmonious balance. So on that note...I tackle the prompts for today.

"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 1321: June 27, 2016
Prompt: Write about something you lost.


What seems like several lifetimes ago I lost my best friend to a long, brutal battle with addiction. At the time of his death, our relationship had gone full circle from friends to lovers to back to friends - and it had been every shade of difficult in between the two over the course of five years. Regardless of what my dreams may have once been, I had reconciled myself to the knowledge that not only were we not meant to be, but he would not survive his demons and his loss was imminent and tragic. Even with my understanding, even with having had the time to prepare for it, that call still came as a shock. The knowledge that my friend was gone reverberated through me in waves of grief and anger. It was "my friend" that I missed most and not "my ex". The romantic love we had for each other had been a casualty of his addiction but the fondness I had for him as my best friend survived the grave. The last meeting we had was terribly sad but I'm forever grateful for the chance to say goodbye. There were no hard feelings over broken promises or heartache over what could have been - there was only a terrible grief and loss.


"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 841 June 27, 2016
Prompt: We all think we know what truth is; however, what if truth is really a collection of feelings and attitudes? Or do the emotions and attitudes affect truth in some way? What are your thoughts on this?


I believe that most truth is relative in life. Truth is something you feel certain of in your mind and your heart - it personal and intimate. Facts are universal truths but even facts can be corrupted by personal interpretations sometimes.


© Copyright 2016 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885778-Truth-and-Loss---June-27th