*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887721-Martha-and-Mary
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#887721 added July 18, 2016 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Martha and Mary
On the way to church this morning we passed 4 fields of Sunflowers. They seemed to be all standing at attention facing east as the sun was rising. They were so beautiful we resolved to return with our camera and take some pictures... but we didn't. Maybe tomorrow on the way to the flying field I'll take some snapshots.

Our minister is named Candy and she is the real deal. The sermon was about Martha and Mary and the point seemed to be we need to listen more to what Jesus teaches and not worry so much about the secular every-day small stuff. Candy got emotional there in the pulpit, saying she has been more like Martha lately than Mary.... and resolved to turn over a new leaf.

Now you have to understand that if there is anybody on this God's earth that Jesus loves, it's Candy. She doesn't need to apologize to anybody. I told her afterwards that if she is worried then all the rest of us should be terrified. This woman might not be Billy Graham, but she walks the walk and there is an inexplicable wonder and awe about her.

I finished the booms and installed them on my camera plane. When I did, I realized that my "V-tail" did not have the stance to rest on both booms. So... you guessed it. I had to make a new V-tail. Recently on U-Tube I saw this guy fly a pusher plane (One with the motor in the back) into a brick wall, pick it up undamaged and fly it away. To say the least I was dumbfounded. He then went on to say that it was made out of this special EPO foam that many builders are using in their models.

Well, I ordered some of this fandango foam, it arrived, and I decided to try it out on the V-tail. First I cut two pieces to length and test fitted them to the booms. Next, I got out my hot glue gun and a thick piece of square stock. This I glued to one of the foam sheets about a third of the way back from the leading edge. This spar ran the length of the sheet. Flush with the forward edge and trailing edge I glued a thinner piece of square stock. Then I glued the other piece of foam sandwiched over the first piece. By doing this I formed an airfoil like I would a wing. After sanding the correct angle I capped the peak ends with thin plywood and glued them together with Gorilla Glue. This gave me a peak in the V-Tail which was a bit more than ninety degrees. It came out pretty good. It's light and strong.

Tomorrow is Field Maintenance Day. We'll cut and fertilize and then fly a little bit. Should be fun. Then I'm off to Physical Therapy for the start of my weekly rehab. What makes it a chore is that I have Plantar Fasciitis in the heel of my left foot. It isn't the least bit shy about reminding me that it doesn't like the treadmill.

My wife got this electronic device called "Alexa." You can ask her a questions and she answers you. I asked it how to spell "Plantar Fasciitis. That girl will never win a spelling bee. However, she is good at giving the time and telling what the weather will be.

Nobody's perfect.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887721-Martha-and-Mary