*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887767-A-Change-of-Scenery
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#887767 added July 18, 2016 at 2:24pm
Restrictions: None
A Change of Scenery
They watched as she began putting things in a bag, 'what's she doing' the sunglasses remarked to the trainers, who'd been loafing about as usual. 'Well how would I know, I only know what she's doing or where we're going when we get there', 'well at least you get to go places, with the lack of sun that there usually is here, and especially this year, I usually just gather dust'. 'At least you get to rest, I'm back and forth every day, pounding pavements, she's been running as if her life depended on it, I must admit, though, she's seemed a bit lighter recently, can't think why'.

They continued to ponder on the strange actions of Beth, who owned both the trainers and the sunglasses, as she progressively filled up a large bag with various items of clothes and other objects. They watched as each item was carefully put in so as, according to the sunglasses, it maximised room. However, the trainers had no idea what maximised even meant, he just watched with curiosity. It was only at the end when everything was packed and Beth had decided that all was ready that she tucked away the trainers, picked up the sunglasses and left. For once, the sunglasses were happy; it was her turn to go out and explore the world instead of sitting at home. The trainers didn't mind, it was at last quiet and he didn't have to run the streets, at least for a little while.

© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887767-A-Change-of-Scenery