*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888032-Thursday-July-21-2016
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#888032 added July 22, 2016 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Thursday July 21 2016
Thursday July 21 2016

Here we go again!
After two days of blessed relief, the heat and humidity are going up, up, up. The dehumidifier is running double time, and the drapes are closed against the scorching, morning sun. Rain and thunderstorms are forecast for the next four days. Let's hope no mini tornadoes uproot trees and dump them on the power lines this time round. *Rant*

*Lightning3* *Lightning3* *Lightning3*


An update on the Strawberry Social.
Everything was going well until we got out of the SUV.
My friend, Rhodie, was hobbling painfully, along favoring a broken toe, and my daughter was struggling to get my transport chair to the handicap ramp. She pushed with all her might, but the chair barley moved.
Equipment failure! Upon close inspection, we discovered the brake on left side was jammed. My daughter, Nan, was determined that chair was going up the ramp. We inched along, several big, burly, brutes of men pointed out the brake was on. Really? Rhodie, for some reason known only to her, elected to take the stairs. Finally, a nice lady pulled as Nan pushed, and we made it to the top of the ramp. We waited there for Rhodie, knowing if she ever made it to the top we would be in our proper place in line. However, Rhodie was having a devil of a time getting up the stairs.

Finally reunited, we found a table. They parked me and went to get our plates.The previously mentioned nice lady had already loaded her plate and sat down across from me. I leaned forward in the chair to hear what she was saying, the chair lurche forward, almost pitching me, face first, into her plate of ice cream and strawberries. My back wheels were completely off the ground, and I was holding on for dear life. She raced around the table and got the back wheels back on the floor.

The rest of the evening went smoothly. We enjoyed ice cream topped with fresh berries and homemade sauces, sponge cake smothered in butterscotch, and other delectable goodies, while catching up with friends we hadn't seen I awhile.

Sir Trevor was laying in wait for us when we got home. He greeted us with the evil eye and great wails of discontent. We were gone about an hour and a half, but in cat feline time, I guess it was much longer! *RollEyes*


Blog Reviews
I've received two reviews of this blog. Both people suggested I join Blog City Prompt Forum or Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum.. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. There are still so many things I need to learn. For example I can't seem to figure out how to get the cover image to work for me. *Blush*

I'm waiting for Nan to come for lunch. She works nearby and comes most weekdays for lunch. This being Thursday, the menu will be baked beans from Tm Horton's. After lunch, she'll inject methotrexate into my thigh. I think she, secretly, enjoys this. It's a revenge thing from her teenage years. *Rolling*

The injection usually puts me to sleep for the entire afternoon. I'll get all comfy in my electric bed and read Eleventh Hour By Catherine Coulter. I love a good murder mystery, especially one involving a serial killer. Eventually, I will drift off to sleep and the book will smack me in the face. *Reading*

So, that's it until tomorrow.
River *Heart*







© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888032-Thursday-July-21-2016