*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888034
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#888034 added July 21, 2016 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Day 81 Give It A 100 Susan B. Anthony Quote
Prompt: Modern invention has banished the spinning-wheel and the same law of progress makes the woman of today a different woman from her grandmother. Susan B. Anthony

This is so true. My grandmother {my mother's mother} wouldn't even leave a message on the answering machine and she wouldn't care for cell phones or computers. Grandma believed a woman should have only three boyfriends in her life and save herself for marriage. Grandma married the second guy she went out with. She didn't understand why her sister married so many times. Grandma was raised by her aunt and her parents had seven other children and she just went home to visit her siblings once a week.

Grandmother didn't understand why her granddaughters worked. She said all we cared about was the almighty dollar. My cousins and I weren't millionaires and if we didn't work, we wouldn't have anything. Grandma and Grandpa never had a nice house. Grandpa farmed and when they got in their fifties, they were able to buy new cars. Grandpa let Grandma work two months as a telephone operator and made her quit.

I loved Grandma. She lived through the depression. She meant well but she was from the old school. My other grandmother {my father's mother} was divorced and she was harsh with her son-in-laws and didn't like her one great granddaughter. Grandma talked about her children to other children and she never drove a car. I loved her but she was feisty. Grandma had a bad attitude about marriage and relationships.

Women years ago had different values and their place was in the home. Now, we have a woman running for President! We have come a long way. I think Susan B. Anthony is smiling!

** Image ID #2087748 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888034