*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888186--long-day
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2070776
Another attempt at getting to know others and myself
#888186 added July 22, 2016 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
À long day
I was with my wife today. I am noticing to a larger degree something is not quite right and it is disconcerting. There were plans to do a lot in regards to settling down and nothing happened. There is something not right and Sharon admits herself. Without prompting she has said on several occasions that she thinks she might have dementia.
Today she needed to get some things done, because her Medicare insurance has no supplemental support since we moved to Erie. She goes to the back of her car, gets her social security card out a lock box and five minutes later we are at the agency to sort these issues out and she can not find the card. She goes into panic mode, berating herself in the process. I look with her for a card she had in her hands not more than ten minutes before. We search for what seems like an eternity.
She does finally find it face down in a place next to the steering wheel. It was that kind of day. There were glimpses of light and then just when we got close to working on a task together she would shut down and we were faced with giving her more time to rest.
I pray that tomorrow can get better. Her sister is very worried about her, based on phone conversations where she notes to me that Sharon is not remembering right.
I pray for patience. Sharon had told me many weeks ago that she would clean up our apartment back in Kansas city and she ran into a major funk. Her plan was to clean up in a few days what ended up taking 3 weeks to complete. She admits without help from my best friend's wife it never would have took place. We are in her home town. Our apartment is expensive. Neither of us has jobs and I have been forced to dip into my retirement funds. I am just not real sure if she will ever be able to work on a consistent basis. How will bills be paid? PRAY!!!
© Copyright 2016 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/888186--long-day