*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889538-Swept-off-my-feet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#889538 added August 9, 2016 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Swept off my feet...
Aug 7th-- Breakfast and we're off either hiking or the zoo, fielders choice, both are supposed to be incredible.

At just 658 meters high, it might be surprising to learn that Pic St-Loup is one of the most beloved emblems of the city of Montpellier. After all, the Alps are not that far away. But thanks to low vegetation, impressive 300-meter-high cliffs, and a surrounding relief of just 150 meters, Pic St-Loup is very prominent and can be seen from just about everywhere in the Hérault department. It is, by definition, part of the lower end of Massif Central.
Because of its micro-climate and unique flora, the mountain is a protected site and houses a thriving population of prey birds. The mountain is a very popular day trip from Montpellier for both curious tourists and serious hikers; there is an old chapel, castle ruins, a hermitage, and a symbolic cross atop the mountain. Not to mention the unobstructed panoramas, which stretch all the way from the Mediterranean Sea to the south to the Cevennes Mountains to the north. The wine produced on the low slopes of Pic St-Loup is some of the most highly-regarded terroirs in the Languedoc-Roussillon region.

or take in the Zoolgigue de Montpellier if you would rather take a less strenous option but please note both require a lot of walking.


I heard people getting up early but by the time I had got my self up they had left. I decided to set out and head for the hills.

The air was so bracing the wind so sweeping my breath so gasping as I climbed. What was that noise? The fluffy cumulus humilis gazing by.☁ Fluffy ephemeral friends I mentally embrace you. The calm and and peace. In the distance I see two figures, one appears to be hiding from the other.

Swish and swoop a great big loop and the flying beast falls, wings the size of size, yank! I am up in the sky heading fast out to sea. I shout to the people who don't see me. Wind on my face flattening my cheeks, I look up and spy a beak. At least my 👣 won't get tired. I asked the Eagle to drop me near the hostel ,luckily he spoke Eagleais which is a cross between English and French.

I arrived bk refreshed and hungry.

I adored the restaurant, the painted walls the generous chandelier's . I tucked in to a lobster dish and a truly delightful salad. I watched as fivesixer furtively came out from his saw hiding place under the table - this must be some new trend I missed.

I will 💤 ton...ig....h.......t



© Copyright 2016 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889538-Swept-off-my-feet