*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889690-Waves-of-relaxation
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#889690 added August 10, 2016 at 8:36pm
Restrictions: None
Waves of relaxation
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails...
Welcome to Bassetto Guesthouse!
We are located in Certaldo, in the belly button of Tuscany, a beautiful region of vineyards, olive groves and medieval towns. This is the place where you will find a true taste of Tuscany and the 'bella vita' in an authentic XIVth century setting.
We are bringing Tuscany country living to the backpacking world. If you need a relaxing break from the busy cities, then we are the place for you. At Bassetto, you will be able to regather your thoughts while you relax next to our pool or swing the afternoon away in a hammock with a glass of wine in hand and then at night, you can take a walk through a garden while being surrounded by fireflies after you have had a dinner in our wine cellar.
Bassetto Guesthouse was formerly a convent of Benedictine monks that was always open to pilgrims passing through. In 1998, our family opened Bassetto Guesthouse again to travelers with the same notion of hospitality as the monks centuries ago. We wanted our guesthouse to be unique in terms of setting and location, a place you would want to return to and somewhere to relax from city life.
We accommodate everyone here, from the lovers on their honeymoon in our private rooms to the solo backpacker in our dorm style rooms. Our private rooms and dorms, are separated from each other across the yard, with their own both kitchens and common areas.
Explore through landscapes sculpted by sunflowers, rolling hills and farms either on foot, bicycle, and horse. Day trips by train are easy from Certaldo to go exploring the big cities to see the splendors of Florence, Siena, Pisa which are mostly an hour away.
We organise and run a number of activities from a fresh pasta cooking class with a local chef to day trips to San Gimignano and wine tour. When the weather is amazing, we can even take you out to Pisa for a day.
Bassetto Guesthouse will always make you feel like you wonโ€™t want to leave and with our friendly staff, always able to help we are the perfect place to be in Tuscany.
There is something for everyone here!

We're going to take a fresh pasta making class this morning before we set off to see where Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, Foscolo, Gentile and Rossini are buried at the Basilica of Santa Croce and see the museum where Michelangelo's David resides

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_o...

http://www.accademia.org/

after a light lunch we are going to the Boboli Gardens

http://www.museumsinflorence.com/musei/b...

We are going on late afternoon early evening horseback adventure, with our picnic baskets. We are going to see the city's beauty at sunset from an incredible advantage point.

Sleep well my friends we have another busy day ahead of us.

My room is truly delightful the pink checked bed spread the cosy ๐Ÿ’บ,the blue marble dressing table with white porcelain nik naks. Quick sit down and out to look around the grounds . Mmm I have found hammocksville a town I really like to hang out in. ๐Ÿ’ค

Michelangelo's David looks a bit worried- perhaps he is concerned Lyn is going to kiss him. Tee hee!
Amazing gardens . I notice a small boat, I push out and lie back and look at the clear sky I shut my eyes and self cradle in the waves๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™‹ of relaxation.

The sun is setting like an un wobbly orange jelly as I stuff as another mouthful of the homemade pasta some of us made earlier. This is a stunning place the work is really beautiful.

© Copyright 2016 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889690-Waves-of-relaxation