*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889842-Death-in-Venice---almost
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#889842 added August 13, 2016 at 5:28am
Restrictions: None
Death in Venice - almost
August 12th Venice

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails...


We have 5 apartments so we'll be split into groups of 5 or 6 per room during our stay in this crazy city.

We have a two hour tour scheduled this morning and you have the afternoon to explore on your own after lunch. we need to hook up for our dinner date.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Skip...


Dinner is at 7:30 this evening, the wait is going so worth it on this Gondola and Serenade and dinner experience.

eel the romance of a classic Venetian experience with a serenaded gondola ride through Venice’s famed canals, capped off by dinner or lunch at a renowned local eatery. Settle into a traditional gondola boat for a 35-minute ride through the Grand Canal and some of the city’s smaller waterways, while onboard musicians provide a passionate soundtrack of Italian ballads. Savor an authentic Venetian meal at the top-rated Hostaria Ai Coristi Restaurant to conclude your enchanted evening or afternoon tour. Highlights 35-minute Venice gondola ride with serenade plus a meal Share a ride on the Grand Canal and glide down smaller canals Listen to a musician and a singer serenade you aboard one of eight gondolas in your flotilla Enjoy a two-course lunch or dinner at Hostaria Ai Coristi Restaurant
Read more about Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade with Dinner - Venice | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Veni...


I have always wanted to go to Venice firstly after seeing, ' Don't look now' a bit scary with the dashing red coated dwarf, or I should say little person, that's what I was told they prefered to be called when I worked with several little people. Years ago I used to hang out with David Rappaport, but I don't recall him specifying.

Anyhoo back to the plot, its barley thickening, secondly 'Death in Venice' a masterful film. And I must mention my hours playing tomb raider in the past- I had to guide her through the canals of Venice.

It is so amazing to see this architecture up close to walk my feet on the ancient floating streets . The dark alleys, tiny bridges. I walked and walked looking for bits of film in the real. I found an out of the way spot and sat and listened and looked and felt.

'Who would like to have a go?' the gondolier asks as we float off. Lyn bravely heads for the tiller. I watch in anticipation as as Wakeupandlive gesticulates wildly in a fit of laughter and just tips Lyn, in slow motion she goes head first toward the, sad to say, dank, dark, defecated waters. Yike! I internalise as fivesixer, now obviously used to his roll of dragging women out of water, with an heroic air, leaps and intercepts Lyn's waist as it bends over the dark ripples. 'Gotchya!' He breathes. And the beat goes on, as the singer doesn't miss one and carrys on with his aria. Lyn still takes the helm and we all clap, the singer looks confused as he hasn't quite finished yet.

We were all ravenous as we shuffled in to our restaurant seating. The opulence of the days surrounding sit heavy on the eye as the pasta sits heavy on the stomach 😋.

© Copyright 2016 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889842-Death-in-Venice---almost