*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890433-St-Michael-the-Archangel
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#890433 added August 20, 2016 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
St. Michael the Archangel
b}August 20th HamburgIt's only 2 hours on the train.
We're back to a hostel in Hamburg
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Pyjama-Park-Schanzenviertel/Hamburg...
We're dumping our stuff and we're off to a day of exploring you choose, its a hop on, hop off bus. I got you the skip the lines option.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=3880HAM01&d=1962...
Hop On Off Tour Stops - Departure Main Train Station
Main train station - Kirchenallee
Ferdinandstor
Holzdamm - Hotel Atlantik
Fonteney - Hotel Intercontinental
Hallerstrasse
Rothenbaumchaussee
Johnsallee
Moorweidenstrasse - Hotel Elysee
Marseiller Strabe - Hotel SAS Plaza
Bei den Kirchenhofen
Sievekingplatz
Gansemarkt
Dammtorstrasse - Hotel Oper
Esplanade - Hotel Baseler Hof
Neuer Jungfernstieg - Hotel Four Seasons
Town hall square
Rodingsmarkt - Hotel Steigenberger
St Michaelis Church
Seewartenstrasse - Hotel Hafen Hamburg
Reeperbahn
St. Pauli Fishmarket
Port landing piers 1-2 (departure harbor cruise)
Auf dem Sande
Shanghaiallee
Tube Steinstrasse
Main train station - Spitalerstrasse
we'll meet up at 6pm for a short sailing experience on Lake Alster before dining at Restaurant Hala at Beselerplatz 11, 22607 Hamburg, Germany
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d8052433-Reviews-Barca_BOA...
Enjoy a 1-hour small-group sunset cruise on a traditional sailing boat in the middle of Hamburg. Set the sails and enjoy the panoramic views of Hamburg's city from a beautiful two master. No sailing experience from you is required! Your skipper will guide your tour on the Alster lake. Enjoy a cool drink (beer, bubbles, soft drink - one drink included in ticket) on board. Relax and escape from the hazzle of the city.
Before we head out for game night I've got a huge surprise for you, I overheard and talking about McDonald's. I haven't had a chicken nugget in such a long time either. That's my junk food toxin occasionally with hot mustard sauce. *Facepalm*
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187331-d5510442-Reviews-McDonald_...
After dinner we're going to do game night Hamburg style. These places got rave reviews. I'm sure one of them will appeal.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d8045977-Reviews-One_Way_O...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d9605450-Reviews-TwistedRo...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187331-d7591283-Reviews-Hidden_in...
if not we can continue our pillow wars. That Kittee and Norb are up to something, I can feel it.


Owl with signature


Quote for the day from the Bible: The book of Daniel chapter 10

We checked into the Hostel which is clean and bright. It is just a basic place to lay our heads but will be adequate for tired travelers.

We caught a hop on hop off bus fro the first part of the days sight seeing. Hamburg is the 2nd largert city in Germany. It houses close to 2 million people. The history includes the destruction of the city in WWII and its continued growth since then into a modern city of beauty. It is situated on the river Elbe. The older buildings in the center of the city were rebuilt after the war.

Special features are the port which is not only beautiful but functional as an important port. We visited the City Hall, the square in the center of the city, and of course St. Michael s. Not only are the buildings rising tall into the sky but the many spires on buildings and the artistic flag pole is beautiful.

The city has a lake in its center. The people have created green parks to offer a restful scenic place. Canals through out the city can be explored by paddle boat. We certainly enjoyed our cruise on the two masted ship.

Although St Michael s was destroyed twice by fire and damaged in WWII the church today is place of peace and prayer.

Dinner and a game was arranged to bring the day to a halt with activity and interest.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd place in the Jan. 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890433-St-Michael-the-Archangel