*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890570
by Whade
Rated: 13+ · Book · Melodrama · #2094132
Hey guys! This is where I try to find out what'd please my contributors & readers. (NSFW)
#890570 added August 24, 2016 at 3:34am
Restrictions: None
2.1 A "minor" concern, part 1 - survey
Probably the single biggest worry I've had taking over as Summer's 2nd author has been the purported ages of the characters.
See, I inherited the setting from Kuddles who set the main character's age to the very, very low 11. (Now picture that the story calls for this girl being accompanied by an even younger sibling...)

So I feel like I should make this crystal clear:

The author of these stories (whade) does not endorse the sexual exploitation of minors, INCLUDING FICTIONAL.

See, when I took over the fact that the characters would attend school was merely a part of the setting to me, nothing more. The fact that the characters of such a story are teens come with the setting as do spooky manors, abandoned secrets, lost puppies or mad clowns.

Evidently however, this is not the case for many of my contributors and readers. Which is why I am here writing this now.

In fact, when I discussed the 2nd adventure with Kuddles, I argued for leaving the ages unspecified.
Yet even I can't change the fact that it is impossible to adjust the ages of EVERY the character in the story without fundamentally altering the setting. Many elements just don't work if everyone is say, fresh out of university.

I post the guidelines I'd prefer everyone to observe in part 2.
http://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890572

(I may leave chapters that break these rules alone regardless, but note that their existence has a strong effect on my willingness and ability to write. We're already bending moral rules for various reasons - some of them justifiable - as-is.)

---

Still I want to be aware of who I am trying to please when I write these chapters.
So, I want to ask you, as a reader, how important is the age of the characters to you?
Does it hold any special importance to you (ie. are you a pedophile*)? Would you still read them if it was different?

*I'm not trying to judge; I'm merely trying to survey the interests of the readership.

Is it important to you that these characters are:
- VERY VERY VERY young? (5-9, child)
- significantly young? (10-14, preteen)
- still kinda young? (14-18, teen)
- mature? (18+)
- MILFs?

© Copyright 2016 Whade (UN: whade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Whade has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890570