*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890679-A-New-Day
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#890679 added September 8, 2016 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
A New Day
Traleb held Jala close to him as they sat and looked at the mesmerising view ahead of them. It was the first time they had ever been outside of the dome; they’d never seen the outside world, breathed real air or seen the reality they were now soaking in. ‘We can only rest here for a little while, then we have to move again Jala’. ‘I know, but can we just take this time for us, before we have to cross the mountains; we don’t know what we’ll find on the other side and for now it’s so quiet’.
‘What we find can’t be worse than where we were, with the constant threat of death, working in the mines; however, the robots are only about a day behind us, we’ve got to hope that the rumours are true, that they only live here and not the other side of the Drenalin’s, also assuming they can’t physically follow us’. ‘I know you’re right, we have to get over them ourselves, there are no guarantees whatever we do, I know, though, that from the time we left I feel we’ve made the right decision; come on, let’s go, we can make our own destiny, not let them make it for us’.


© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890679-A-New-Day