*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890812-How-Exciting-is-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#890812 added August 25, 2016 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
How Exciting is That?
Well I met my friend in Tomah and we talked about a camera plane that he is going to help me with. Note that I'm not calling it a DRONE! I hate that label!

I'm content with the guidelines the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) have come up with. They allow me to fly First Person View (FPV.) It's a compromise but something that most hobbyists should be able to live with. Not everyone however, agrees with me. There'll always be those who will want to operate outside the rules and catching them will be a difficult undertaking for those in the FAA charged with enforcement.

In my last blog I talked about having the windshield view of a camera plane unobstructed by a whirling propeller. One design that eliminates this problem are twin engine/motor designs. There is another design that is very popular and that is using a pusher propeller . In other words the prop is located behind the pilots field of view. Most camera airplanes use such a pusher type design..., where the propeller is on the rear end.

I will definitely have one of these in my hanger. In addition I intend to have a ducted fan version like those used on the aft end of many commercial jets.

My friend Ron is almost through covering the fuselage of my home designed cameral plane. He said it should be ready not later than Monday. How exciting is that?


© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890812-How-Exciting-is-That