*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891231
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2094437
I will be writing about Prince songs for the challenge contest I am hosting just for fun.
#891231 added August 31, 2016 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Baby, Don't Waste Your Time
This song I just hears after I bought Prince's Greatest Hits CD. I love the theme of it.

"She told me last June when her old man ran away. She was left with a child and another one on the way. With tears in her eyes, she told me he had run away. Baby, don't waste your time. I could never take the place of your man."

I have been in this spot years ago. A boyfriend broke up with me and we look for someone to take his place. It is better to heal and look for someone else later. In this song, the man is letting her down gently. Her husband may come back or her boyfriend. A man doesn't always want to take on a wife and two babies that aren't his. I feel sad for any woman in this position.

This song has a good beat and it is lively. I like this song. Seems like Prince could make any song of anything. I enjoy listening to this song and wonder if Prince had a woman friend with children who was after him. I just feel bad that he was alone and hadn't been married in along time. Maybe he was remembering his wife the baby that died that they had. My heart goes out to him.

I hope he got everything he wanted out of life and he had a lot of hit songs. This song is one of my favorites.

Prince In Purple Sig.

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891231