*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891415-Smelling-Like-Cookies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#891415 added September 3, 2016 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
Smelling Like Cookies
         I remember using a fragrance that was primarily vanilla. It wasn't cheap, but it isn't around any longer. People always liked it. Well, today I used a vanilla scented body lotion. I smelled cookies or cake all day long. I don't know how other people felt. No one commented. Maybe my smell was making them hungry. Of course, it might have been unpleasant to them. I liked the nice clean smell every time my wrists were close to my head. My arms felt soft, too.

         Isn't it funny how odors attract or repel us. Of course, bad smells have warning signals, like rotting food or gas leaks. I heard on a radio show that smells remind us of nice times or places and that we might be attracted to people by the smells we experience when we meet them. Like meeting someone at the candy store or bakery is more pleasant than meeting him or her at the fish market. If that is the case, then women could start wearing barbecue sauce or fried chicken grease instead of expensive colognes to attract the man of their choice.

         I remember a movie decades ago where a pilot tells a bachelor friend of his that when he was single and dating, he loved picking up his date, usually a flight attendant. She'd be dolled up, with soft music playing, and a candle burning when he arrived. He'd smell the aroma of her cologne. They'd have a nice night out. He'd think to himself, "This is romantic". Now he was married. He'd come home from work and go into the door of his apartment. The kids would be screaming "Daddy". His wife was rushing about. He'd smell the aroma of onions cooking in butter. And he would sigh and think, "Now this is romance."

         I admit I like the aroma of onions cooking in butter, too. But I don't want to smell like them. I'll stick with my floral and vanilla scents.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891415-Smelling-Like-Cookies