*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892576-Knowledge-brings-Understanding
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#892576 added September 20, 2016 at 8:51am
Restrictions: None
Knowledge brings Understanding
Talk Tuesday!

If you were looking into making a full-scale career change, what are some things you'd consider? Would you go back to school? Would you just pick a field that interests you now that maybe didn't interest you as much in the past, and try to get in on the ground floor? And how well do you think you'd be able to do this time around, especially if you still had to work full-time at your current position, and/or raise a family, and/or hold up social obligations?


Fairy playing a flute
*Music2*

A. I would go back to school

B. I would try for teaching credits.

C. I would take any teaching job I could get.

D. With a full time teaching position / even at low pay I could hire some of my household work done.

I was 55 when I went to college. I still had family at home so my job handling the household, babysitting grandchildren, working in the barn; went forward as normal. I added full time work during my last semester. Now at 71 I could not pay for any more schooling so it would have to be free or I wouldn't go. At the age of 60 I had clocked up a lot of general classes I took for my interest in learning everything. A person in one of the offices said if I wanted they could help get a teaching certificate.

Plus, I had two different elderly math teachers when I was in college. The school was limiting their time in course work because as you age you need more rest and time to recuperate from stressful environments. I would rate the elderly teachers as excellent because of their ability to be diverse and share their meaningful life experiences with students.

Don't believe that old story that people need to stay inside their own generation. It destroys the wisdom within a society if you don't have friends of all ages.

Best wishes for a good day. The sun is shining here again today. *Smile*


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892576-Knowledge-brings-Understanding