*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892780-Wouldnt-You-Like-to-Fly-in-My-Beautiful-Balloon
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#892780 added September 23, 2016 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Wouldn't You Like to Fly in My Beautiful Balloon?
On this day in 1962, the classic outer space cartoon The Jetsons premiered on ABC-TV; it was the first program on the network to be carried in color. Please answer for me the all-important question surrounding this legendary television show: Why, over fifty years later, do we still not have flying cars that we can fold up into briefcases?


Merit Badge in OctoPrep
[Click For More Info]

*^*Balloon4*^**^*Balloon5*^**^*Balloon6*^* Congrats on winning  [Link To Item #1474311]  2015! Best of luck with NaNoWriMo. *^*Balloon1*^**^*Balloon2*^**^*Balloon3*^*
*Writing*
Manx Cat from Japan



Only 50 years? Humans don't think that fast. OK! I have a NuWave oven. One of my grandchildren would not eat food cooked in it because someone told her it was dangerous to her health. I asked her how much she used their microwave every day. *Laugh* Because there is a segment of the population that turns down all new gizmo's as dangerous. Actually, it stems from an elderly scriptural prophecy, that involves the state of humanities health during the end times.

Yesterday, there was a news story about accidents involving cars that drive themselves. I immediately wondered how long it would be before those types of vehicles have their own lane? The fact that these automated vehicles are actually safer is compromised by the amount of human driven vehicles on the road. A new transportation system will be in the works in the next 25 to 50 years. An article in the Wall Street Journal cites new rules soon to be passed; requiring new technology to be incorporated into all new vehicles offered for sale. It is suppose to help us stop having vehicular accidents. Saving 100,00 lives a year. But, health insurance for everyone is politically up for grabs.

Personally, I was always more taken with Rosie the Robot. Other robot stories capture my attention as well. I have always been someones house keeper. So, I dream of the day robots will vacuum the floors, load the dish washer, do the laundry and other irritating regular chores. I love the floor cleaning robots and if there was any way I could afford a Roomba or Dyson 360 I would buy one in a minute. The food cooking system on the Jetsons was also a draw. Another dream of mine equals someone to cook after I have been cleaning barn, doing laundry, mowing grass (K mowed this year), and other busy work. I would have more time to write.

Cars that fold up into a suitcase! Not for another 100 years if at all. Who would bother to fold it up? I think they should have parks with trees, lawns and benches in the Walmart car park so people could rest after shopping or during shopping trips. *BalloonGo*

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892780-Wouldnt-You-Like-to-Fly-in-My-Beautiful-Balloon