*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892971-Brain-Storage
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#892971 added September 26, 2016 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Brain Storage
Author T.S. Eliot , born on this day in 1888, once opined, "Where is all the knowledge we lost with information?" What do you think about that? Is it possible now, in this age of information so readily available at our fingertips, that we can have access to too much information at once, and not be able to gather as much from it? Are we ever at risk of knowing too much for our own good? And how much do you think is enough (versus too much) when it comes to your own writing?


Red Dragon



I've uncovered some knowledge that is not necessarily lost but discovered it when reading older history books. Please don't bother with that old idea that all historians lie. History is written by people who want to record how it was or maybe how they lived it, which isn't always the same but is still historical. That is why Google and Gutenberg.org are trying to copy every book ever written and making so many historical writings available for free. NO. We are never at risk for knowing to much for our own good. It is more like, how will we use the knowledge that may become a problem.


The reason we repeat history is because if the generations coming up behind you are not reminded of past mistakes they will make the same ones. I don't really want to go into the way the thought processes of the human experience can be repeated over and over. Every normal human brain is built to function the same. It is what is put into it that changes the experience. So, your environment, teachers, control of knowledge matter.

Information available is not necessarily information put into practice or even acknowledged. Yesterday, we were watching an interview of the King of Jordan. He gave a really spectacular explanation of the way ISIL has risen up. He says the West does not really understand Muslim history. Groups like ISIL have been persecuting Muslims (Yes! Muslims) since the time of Muhammad. According to his statements all Muslims are a part of the same God given religion. Some of them are evil. It is up to the others to put down the evil within their society. He says the evil only exists within about a 1 to 2 percent of the religious population. ISL is dragging the west into the fray hoping to make the West persecute the 98 percent of Muslims that are Godly and peaceable. Then, the majority will switch sides and ISIL will control the world. So, human rights matter for all nations.

Especially now when storage of mass amounts is available and the study of language is becoming wide spread: the translating of old manuscripts is becoming more important it is a search for knowledge, freely circulated, that will make a difference.

Hey we are on the verge of traveling to the stars. This can only happen if we are taking honorable integrity toward whatever we find with us.

So, chopping off peoples head just because their society irritates us is a no, no. That is why the USA has always been against torture. Torture rarely produces truth. More often, it produces a twisted type of information that leads to more torture and slows down progress. *Crazy*

Ask Joan of Arc!
Ask Galileo!


Oh well I'm off subject. When it comes to my own writing I will always be upgrading my knowledge of how to but, I will only use the part of what I learn, that will enable me to hopefully do a better job without interfering, with the comfort of my own writing process.

One person will never be able to know it all, that's why we form groups to bring a variety of knowledge and action to any scene.

October Prep Challenge on It's Way to Us Now. Merit Badge in OctoPrep
[Click For More Info]

*^*Balloon4*^**^*Balloon5*^**^*Balloon6*^* Congrats on winning  [Link To Item #1474311]  2015! Best of luck with NaNoWriMo. *^*Balloon1*^**^*Balloon2*^**^*Balloon3*^*

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892971-Brain-Storage