*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894703-Hunters-Moon-and-Photos-of-Fall-Leaves-Near-my-Home
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#894703 added October 23, 2016 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Hunters Moon and Photos of Fall Leaves Near my Home!
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!


DAY 1132: October 17, 2016
Prompt: The Hunter's Moon is the full moon in October. Write a story, poem, or something about October's Hunter's Moon.


They tell me when the Hunter's Moon rose on Sunday, Oct. 16, it was large and beautiful. I wouldn't know because there was heavy cloud cover and pouring rain here.

Back in the good old days, here in Quebec, the Hunter's Moon was a blessing to hunters for they could see well by its light. In modern times, hunters must be out of the woods before dark so the bright moonlight isn't much help to them.

Busy day ahead, but wanted to share these photos, taken this fall, with you!

This first photo is the view from the farm where my Irish ancestors settled. Looking down, you see The Oxbow in the beautiful St. Francis River.

On the St. Francis River

The next photo was taken just outside of town and shows the leaves in all their glorious colours.

The trees in all their glory


Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894703-Hunters-Moon-and-Photos-of-Fall-Leaves-Near-my-Home