*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894757-Changes-In-the-Work-Place
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#894757 added October 17, 2016 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
Changes In the Work Place
         On the job, I am amazed at the attitude of younger workers or even first job employees. "i don't want to work over here". "I don't like it here". "If I have to work in that department, I'm going home now."

         I don't recall ever hearing a fellow employee saying that to a boss before. Someone may have muttered it in a low voice to another flunkee, but not to a manager, not out loud, and not over a walkie. I'm not the manager, but I would respond with, "Are you giving me your notice, now?"

         I've worked in a variety of businesses, and you went where they sent you, like it or not. You could make a kindly request in a private setting, but not on the spur of the moment when you were given an emergency assignment. You did what you had to do, whether it was an assembly line with too many call-outs, or a retail clothing department. I've worked in juniors, better sportswear, children's, etc., without prior training because there was a need. And that's what most people do. Or at least they used to do that.

         Somehow a large number of people have failed to understand what is expected of them on a job. When you take a paycheck from someone, you do what is expected, as long as it isn't illegal or immoral or unsafe, and do it without complaining. If you don't like it, find another job and give your notice. Until then, stop trying to control things.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894757-Changes-In-the-Work-Place