*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895859
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#895859 added October 28, 2016 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Halloween Writing Challenge Prompt 10 Female Scarecrow
Prompt: A picture of a female scarecrow all dressed in dark green with scarecrows and pumpkins. Write a short story about this.

It was a spooky night out in the country and Rose was driving home with a big moon above. She took a detour and now she was lost. Just woods and a house and a barn. One corn field and a ugly old ditch. Her car blew a tire. Great. She had no idea how to change a tire. She would have to walk to the house and go through the woods. She heard crows and she thought really? A black cat crossed her path. Why did she forget her cell phone? This was Halloween night. She had let her boyfriend take her daughters our trick-er-treating. She had to attend her meeting and close the new fashion deal. Screw the fashion deal. Why didn't she say she would do it next week in the daytime?

Rose walked to the house. She heard wolves growling. Should she turn back? She kept going. She got to the house and there was a candle burning and crows cawing at her. The door opened and a blonde woman opened the door wearing a dark green dress and had two crows sitting on her. She was holding a pumpkin. She might have been beautiful but she looked evil like a scarecrow and a witch. Rose was ready to run but the scarecrow woman grabbed her and invited her in for a treat. The crows started to bite and peck at her arm. Rose screamed and cried.

"Please let me go. I just wanted to use your phone. I left my phone at home and I have a flat tire."

"I may help you. The scarecrow woman laughed. "I have a surprise for you." The evil scarecrow woman threw her in the basement. There were Rose's daughters! Her daughters cried and ran to her. Rose hugged her daughters. HOW DID THEY GET HERE? They were only 6 and 4.

The scarecrow woman said: "I eat at midnight. Oh! You are the main course. Your boyfriend gave me a nice gift, you and your daughters. He is my lover!" Her laugh was evil.

Rose had to get her daughters out of here. How? She could find no escape. Her daughters told her Lance had bought them here and he had called them spoiled brats and they would be cooked in a hot pot. How could Lance do this? Rose wouldn't let anything happen to her daughters. It was ten until Midnight. The scarecrow woman came downstairs with Lance to get them. Rose slapped Lance and the scarecrow woman. The scarecrow woman grabbed Rose and tied her up and Lance dragged the girls upstairs. Rose cried and begged for their lives. The clock struck Midnight. It was Rose's Birthday. How awful to spend your Birthday. She and her children were going to die.

Just then a woman dressed like Zena appeared and Rose grasped.

"Don't be afraid, Rose. You are 25 now and I am your Valkyrie and I will save you and your girls."

The Valkyrie took out her sword and sliced the scarecrow woman in half. Rose couldn't look. The Valkyrie handed Rose a sword and said: "Go get your girls."

Rose took the sword and she heard her girls crying and yelling. There was Lance trying to force the girls into a giant cauldron. Rose came at Lance with her sword and he begged for his life. Rose ran him through. Her girls were safe now and so was she.

"Rose, I am your Valkyrie. I am assigned to protect you but you know how to protect yourself. Your tire is changed. Take the girls and get into your car."

Rose took her girls and got in the car and went home. The girls memories were erased of this evil but Rose knew she had a Valkyrie to protect her and she would always be safe and so would her girls.

** Image ID #2100658 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895859