*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896050-BC--Lessons-from-the-cat
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#896050 added October 31, 2016 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
BC: Lessons from the cat
PROMPT: Saturday was National Cat Day ! Do you currently or have you ever owned a cat? Tell us a fun cat story. If you've never lived with a cat, tell us about another pet...and if you've never had a pet, what would be one of the first fun things you'd do with your pet if you ever did adopt one?

Oh, the little girl kitty is a snot. I wrote a story about lessons from the cat. Let me see if I can find it. Yea, you! Here it is.

If it ain't broke, it soon will be -- just give me two minutes. We are having our ceiling in the kitchen redone. When the workers went for lunch, Sophie went to town. She managed to pull all their plastic down and get stuck under there. Tom took pity on her and let her out and managed to get her cleaned up. When the workers got back, they looked at the mess and decided to clean it up rather than reinstall the plastic. They called it a day. Little stinker.
If it’s in a bowl, it’s good for me and I can have it. Little Sophie loves anything made with almond milk. Tonight’s entre was chili mac and cheese. She has not learned sharing yet, but she has taught Tom to feed her stuff with almond milk in it.

There are no obstacles, just launching pads to reach the goal. And you have to move quickly. For example, I was sitting on the couch in front of the window and I heard some pawsteps, the whish of air as she launched, a gentle thump on my chest before she landed safely on the back of the couch. We can all learn a lesson about seizing the opportunity. I mean seriously, a second either way could have been disastrous because I fidget.

It’s a door. I must see what’s on the other side. But if you get stuck on the other side, make the best of it. Find something soft and go to sleep. You have to make the best of the situation you are in.

But I love to help. Sophie’s solution is to eat the bad mail (aka doctor bills). She’s such a good helper.

Show the Love. Even if she can’t she help, she will give you a hug just to show she cares. For example, she could not help Tom button his shirt, but she could put her little paw on his shoulder and purr in his ear.

I can outwait you. Sophie has learned to snub and hug. If we feed her food she likes, we get a hug. If it’s the wrong food, she will starve first.

And finally, dear friend, if you have to misbehave, as we all must do, do not do it in front anybody. Lesson: Whether it is to cover up your shredding misdeeds or shooed off a high surface, do not eat the pepper. It does not taste good.


© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896050-BC--Lessons-from-the-cat