*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896124-Our-Subconscious-Mind
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#896124 added October 31, 2016 at 6:41pm
Restrictions: None
Our Subconscious Mind
Prompt: “Expect the good. Mentally concentrate on the good, and know that your subconscious mind answers you always. It never fails.” Joseph Murphy, from The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
How much, do you believe, the subconscious mind affects the humans and their concerns?


==========

I think the subconscious mind is very powerful as it is a computer of sorts and then some. Even though I may be overly simplifying its functions, I’ll start with the memory storage. Everything a person comes in contact with is stored in the subconscious memory. Then it has the data filtering function that filters out all the necessary information needed at the moment. Moreover, it is the source and spring of ideas and inspirational thoughts. Not to mention the fact that it regulates and causes all the bodily processes to perform without the conscious mind knowing about those.

With such power given to us through our subconscious, it is up to us to make it work at its top condition, though not everyone has learned to be good at doing that. In general, meditation is the first step in quieting the conscious mind so the subconscious can work better and faster without its input. In fact, the subconscious takes all its orders from the conscious mind. If the conscious mind really believes in the fact that the sky’s falling, the subconscious mind may find a way to make that become real. That is why when we concentrate on the good, good things come to pass for us.

As to the quote above, I recently finished reading The Power of Your Subconscious Mind. Just judging from my personal experiences, I agree with at least 70-90% of what Joseph Murphy has written.

One most important idea in it (for me) is the fact that he says if a prayer is answered, it is answered scientifically through the subconscious mind, although this may take time and the subconscious mind has the habit of not liking to be pushed by willpower, but if we see things the way we want to see them and truly believe in their reality, those things somehow come to pass. This is why faith (not necessarily any specific religion) is the only universal healing principle operating through everybody, and that’s how the faith healers heal. Then, when we receive answers to prayers, those answers come to pass through our mental acceptance of what we pray for.

It seems, in short, our subconscious mind has the answer to all our problems...if only we can learn how to look inside carefully and pose our questions to our subconscious to receive answers to them.


© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896124-Our-Subconscious-Mind