*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897364-30dbc--quotable-quotes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#897364 added November 13, 2016 at 4:04pm
Restrictions: None
30dbc: quotable quotes
November 10 prompt
Pick a quote from one of your favorite movies and tell us how you relate to it.


“My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”
― Mr.D'Arcy in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

We are not talking about first impressions. We are talking about established relationships where the trust and the love/affinity is present one moment and then lost the next.

Even if I clean up the conversation, there is always that little burr under the saddle that makes it a rough ride to normal. It's not anything I am proud of, it just is. I don't know of very many people who can rewind the clock. If there is no trust to be lost, the relationship can build and grow after the mess is cleaned up, but dang, once the trust / good opinion is lost, I really do believe that one should put a period on that chapter and write the next one. Whatever was missing in that relationship where the trust was not there in strong enough measure, well, it just should not the time or effort to try to get back. That's not to say you can't start from a clean slate to fix a broken relationship ... but can you do that? Most people don't know how to get to a state of no emotion, and then create the possibility of a fantastic relationship. I do, but even I at some point made the choice to end this because the fixing was not working.

So I guess the real choice is to build the relationship you want from the beginning so that the sorrowful choices never have to be addressed.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897364-30dbc--quotable-quotes