*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897707-All-That-Magic
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#897707 added November 16, 2016 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
All That Magic!
Prompt: "Magic exists. Who can doubt it when there are rainbows and flowers and the music of the wind and the silence of the stars. Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of our lives." Nora Roberts
A beautiful quote. Write whatever you want about this.

=======

The quote says it better than I can, but I’ll add to it since it is the prompt for writing.

The dilemma of the existence of magic is not in questioning if magic exists but in the sense why anyone cannot find the magic that’s already there. Talking for myself, I see magic all the time.

I love looking at ordinary things and events and seeing the complex world full of magic and beauty. I can see the magic in what exists and in the potential of what might exist.

That potential is especially fascinating to me. It’s as if I explore places I will never get the chance to go to in reality, such as foggy forests, ghostly trees entangled with fear and mystery, that hauntingly beautiful full moon whose photo never does it justice, glimmering starts fighting the city lights, clouds piling on top on one another in different colors and shapes, and everything that is enchanting, eerie, and with huge fairytale eyes.

Then what about my first steaming cup of tea in the morning? That image after waking up from my relentless dreams is magic to me. Isn’t my tea's color steeped in transparency magical? What about its aroma, its taste? Things like these in my life make me believe that magic is in what I see, what I hold, what is around me, and what I can imagine or be inspired from just by observing life. After all, isn’t the fact that I have breathed for so many years a miracle, and isn't every breath any one of us takes a miracle? What about the touch of a friend, a child, a stranger, a lover? Aren’t these senses and feelings miraculous, enchanting, and charming?

To me, magic is something that enchants us. Our existence, in its essence, when we think about it, is enchanting, too. In fact, everything that is in creation is enchanting if we look carefully to see it. And if can look to see that magic, it may be possible for us to feel and hopefully sense the real magic behind all magic in everything, which is the creator hinting at his own existence through his creation.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897707-All-That-Magic