*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898603-Have-Yourself-a-Merry-Little-Christmas-Moment
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#898603 added November 28, 2016 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Moment!
It's time now to get back to the grind, before another wonderful holiday break!

The last part of November after Thanksgiving and the entire month of December has always been my favorite time of year as well as being an interesting challenge, when it comes to work.

Years ago, when my disciples were sixth grade students, it felt like the most productive time of the year was September and October. From Halloween through New Year's Day it was one holiday after another with all of its lovely distractions and social expectations for celebrating each of the holidays or event days.

When did we have time for education?

For the past few years I have felt both excited and challenged by the Christmas season.

I love the music of Christmas!
I love the smells of Christmas!
I love the tastes of Christmas!
I love the coffees of Christmas! (A few years back I even found a Christmas blend coffee from a local coffee roaster. What JOY!!!!)

However, much of the commercialism of Christmas leaves me cold. (Pardon the pun.)
For so many retailers Christmas equates mostly to profits. (I do understand about Black Friday and Cyber Monday and all, but I love the places, like coffee shops, that still know how to slow the pace to a crawl for a time of respite and a piece of peace.)

Since we got small cats for Christmas last year, I'm not so sure we will have a full-sized Christmas tree this year, if we have one at all.

The point is, "What makes this Christmas?"

I think Christmas equates to peace.

Jesus of Nazareth was born to die and then to rise from the dead to provide the Foundation for lasting Peace, now and forever.

When I have a time of peace without regard to the amount of time or the day on the calendar, I have learned to call this a Christmas Moment.

May you experience many Christmas Moments, during this season and throughout 2017! *XMasTree*

This is my first signature.







© Copyright 2016 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898603-Have-Yourself-a-Merry-Little-Christmas-Moment