*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899292-Water-in-australia
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#899292 added December 8, 2016 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Water in australia

Owl with signature *Owl4*


12/08/2016 17 days to Christmas counting today. I actually have some of my shopping done. There was a hawk at the back feeder yesterday trying to eat my blue jays. I yelled at him and he flew away. The jays are out there gobbling up feed now. The Lake affect snow forecast is just starting to roll in here. I’m off to Australia to leave the storm behind for awhile.

https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au Lake Woods conservation Covenant.

Conservation covenants are arranged with landowners to protect privately owned natural bushland. It is quite a good deal for the landowner. In order to qualify the habitat has to have good nature values and biodiversity. The land owner even gets $500 to hire a lawyer who will work with the covenant for the landowner. Pennsylvania, USA has a program that is similar but not as widely used as the one in Australia.

Lake Woods is important because it is a breeding place for water birds. Birders get out your binocs you are going to see a lot of birds today. I got a good look at the plumed whistling ducks all shades of tans and browns with deep stripes on their wing feathers. https://www.wikipedia It is a freshwater Lake.

Mataranka Springs is the place to be on a hot day. How about that beautiful pool and the falls. Its a good place to wash away some of the travel dust and exercise the places that are stiff from riding. The outback with trails comes right up to the edge of the Hot Springs pool. It is fed by the Adelaide river as you travel on Highway 75. Australians have the most beautiful places to rest and relax.

Oh! The pillow fights tonight. It's something no one outgrows. I was looking forward to sitting still reading a good book and drinking a cup of tea. Maybe later.

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Traveling with you in Europe was so much fun, hope you join us again next August! Until then, we hope all your blogging experiences inspire you equally as much!

Lyn and Norb

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899292-Water-in-australia