*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899878-A-Manic-Month
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2101248
A regular (hopefully) muse on my journey through the Rising Stars programme
#899878 added December 18, 2016 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
A Manic Month

I can't believe that it's almost the end of the month and this is the first chance I've had to write in my Journal. It's been an interesting month for me in so many ways, both within this amazing Writing Community and outside in this world of chaos.

I loved the idea of floating over WDC in a balloon and I got some brilliant reviews of the work I did for this. I found it quite relaxing to look at something from a different angle. Also, coming from the UK, the challenge of writing a historical piece about the Boston Tea Party was somewhat daunting. I researched it because I knew very little about it. I then thought that many people would perhaps write it in similar ways so I tried something different, update and bring history into the present day. It was tricky finding the information to make it believable, on the whole, it worked, but not for everybody.

I've just completed this month's Write a Christmas Carol and entered it into the Hark the Herald Contest. I was making coffee, when it came to me, influenced by preparations I had been making for something else outside of WDC. Again I wanted to make it different, so there appeared before my eyes, well between me and the kettle, of course, were the alternate words to 'Joy to the World', not quite an accurate experience of my Christmas Shopping but not far off.

So I have some reviewing to do before the end of the month, Member to Member reviews and also Project Write World reviews and maybe re-hacking of a piece I put in there. So, still much work to do before this month is out

© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899878-A-Manic-Month