*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900690-Happy-2017-Blog-City-and-WdC
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#900690 added December 31, 2016 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Happy 2017, Blog City and WdC!
Prompt: Happy New Year's Eve! Happy New Years!
What is your favorite memory of this night? Do you stay up to watch the ball drop? Get together with friends or family? Go to bed like any other night? Do you have a secret fantasy you are waiting to happen on this night?


=============

My first favorite memory of a New Year’s Eve is the time I spent celebrating with my cousins while I was in my teens. My second favorite memory of a New Year’s celebration is a New Year’s Eve Ball my husband and I attended when we were newlyweds.

Do I stay up to see the ball drop? That is the 64 thousand-dollar question. We have done that every new year’s eve when we didn’t go somewhere.

With the onset of the terrorism era, I am not so sure I have been enjoying to watch the ball drop. Probably the TV will be on, but I am planning on starting to read a new book, instead. If something happens, I don’t want to watch it in realtime. I still haven’t gotten over watching 9/11 as it happened, and I don’t need another PTSD event in my psyche.

For tonight, no getting together with friends and family is in our plans as people have their own problems or business to attend to, and the only fantasy I have is for nothing nasty to happen to anyone on the face of this crazy earth.

I wish, therefore, a wonderful 2017 to everyone with health, happiness, and success. I guess wishing for world peace might be asking for too much, but what the heck… I definitely wish for world peace, too!
 ~

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900690-Happy-2017-Blog-City-and-WdC