*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901013-January-3rd-2017
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2107081
You're not ready for the truth. Then again, you probably never will be.
#901013 added January 3, 2017 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
January 3rd, 2017
January 3rd, 2017,

I have decided to write to you today about GraveDiggers. I've used this term in several of my stories so far. In fact, I have using it big time in an activity for the Whole New World Contest I am involved in on my secondary account. It's not what you think it means here on Earth. When you hear GraveDiggers on Earth they are either grave robbers or funeral/groundkeeper employees. GraveDigger isn't either one of them.

GraveDiggers is a term that most of the universe uses to describe those who study ruins. We call them archeologist. They call it GraveDigger. I don't know when it all started. I'm still trying to solve that mystery. But I'm pretty sure it began when a planet ventured out into space and they discovered a planet in ruins. It's a mystery that needed to be solved. So, they solved it. Since they had to do a lot of digging to get to the truth they considered themselves grave diggers. That's how it probably happened. Now all I have to do is solve this mystery.

True, most ruin mysteries are on other planets. There are several billion planets like that out there. But not all of them. GraveDiggers don't just study other planets. They also study their own. Every planet has their share of ruins on them. The older the planet the more ruins there are. That wasn't good enough for them. When they ventured into Space so did the GraveDiggers. Word of mouth grew to create the number of GraveDiggers we have today.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901013-January-3rd-2017