*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901136
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#901136 added August 2, 2018 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Promptly Potter Quotes Story/Poem Challenge Day 4
Prompt: The very last place you would expect astonishing things to happen.


Ashley was so mad when she found out her parents and her were moving to a small town in Indiana. She loved living in the city. Shopping, friends and she and her friends were never bored. Moving to a farm town? Not a lot of people. Where did people shop? Her life was over. Ashley was sixteen and had to graduate from a small school. She cried, threw a temper tantrum but her parents told her to grow up and two years later when she was eighteen, she could move back to the city. Ashley stopped being upset and prepared to move to Indiana. She would miss Chicago.

Ashley and her family settled in the small town of Wolf Downs, Indiana. Ashley was surprised to see all the woods and farm land. Her parents and her lived in a two story gothic looking house. It was quite nice and it was by a woods. This didn't look like boring Farm City. Ashley went out in the woods when the sun went down and there was a swamp. Cool but eerie. A beautiful blonde woman wearing a long white gown approached her. The woman was beautiful and Ashley was drawn to her.

"Hello, I am Zaline, the Swamp Angel." The woman had wings and Ashley was stunned.

"I won't hurt you. I want to be your friend. I watch over the swamps and protect humans."

Ashley bowed to the woman and Zaline too her hand. "You can only see me when the sun goes down."

"I am happy to meet you. You are real?"

"Of course, I am. Come with me."

Ashley walked with Zaline. It was dark now and Ashley saw a strange light in a cornfield near by. It didn't come from a pole light or a flash light. It was a bright light and Ashley asked where this light came from.

Zaline smiled. "There are many stories about this. Two brothers were playing chicken in their cars and crashed into each other. The one brother is looking for his brother. Another story is a woman was walking on the railroad, carrying her baby, and a train hit her and her baby flew up in the air and she is trying to find her baby. That tree by the field. Don't ever touch it. It will burn your hand. A witch was burned there a hundred and fifty years ago."

"What? There were no witch burnings in the US."

"There was one. It was me." Zaline looked all dark, charcoal boiled and Ashley stifled a scream.

Zaline turned backed into her beautiful self and promised she would never show her that side of her again. Ashley and Zaline kept walking and saw an old lady outside on her porch swing. No big deal.

They walked to the cemetery and a man wearing old fashioned civil war clothes sat on a tomb stone and smiled at Ashley.

Zaline told Ashley hehad been killed in the Civil War. It looked so eerie and a wolf ran up to them and Ashley was scared but the wolf licked Ashley's hand, changed into a man and ran off. Ashley wasn't believing this. She told Zaline she had better get back to her house and Zaline walked with her. The next morning, Ashley went back to the woods and the house she had seen was no longer there! It was just a swing hanging there. Ashley didn't tell her parents anything she had seen. She met Zaline every night and astonishing things happened. A vision of a woman appeared in the sky and a southern mansion and it was on fire. The Swamp Angel could make dinosaurs appear. Ashley loved being here and she never knew what she would see next. Ghosts of Native Americans visited Ashley and she was never afraid and her life in Indiana was never boring.

** Image ID #2107375 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901136