*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901486-A-Dark-Journey
Rated: 18+ · Book · LGBTQ+ · #2104679
My thoughts, rants, activities, etc.
#901486 added January 7, 2017 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
A Dark Journey
Title Prompt: The Black Wheelbarrow; Have fun with this and write whatever the title brings to mind.


His innocent mind was curious as to what was in the wheelbarrow in the corner of the yard. It was surrounded by a wire fence with a lock. Their house was encircled by a wooded picket fence and it stood in one of the back corners. He remembered the many times his mother and father told him to stay away as a child. Now that he was a legal adult, he had to find out what was in that damn wheelbarrow. He looked around to make sure no one was looking, and he peered over the gate. The only thing he could see was a midnight black wheelbarrow. To his knowledge it held nothing and it must just be a keepsake from one of their deceased relatives.

A wheelbarrow though? Really?

He scoffed aloud.

Must have been an award winning wheelbarrow, from the wheelbarrow fair.

Adding an eye roll, he picked the lock without anyone noticing and stared down at it for a moment, until he felt a sudden wave of energy...a different energy coming from the darkness. He should have turned around and left while he could, but it pulled him closer...closer...closer, until he mindlessly stepped into the darkness...


I'll probably add to this later, maybe make it into a short story, but I'd like to get this entry in and I don't get a lot of computer time during the day, or at least not up on the desktop which is so much easier to type things like this up. *Laugh* Hope you enjoy!



*Ribbonb* Founder of Accepting Autism: Let's make a difference! *Ribbonb*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2017 Kai Rajaniemi (UN: rrajaniemi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kai Rajaniemi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901486-A-Dark-Journey