*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901851-January-10th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2107081
You're not ready for the truth. Then again, you probably never will be.
#901851 added January 10, 2017 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
January 10th, 2017
January 10th, 2017,

Death


Death is something that all of have to death within our lives. It's a part of living. In fact, I recently lost my ex-father. December 31st, 2016 to be exact. That's right he died on New Year's Eve. I'm not telling you this out of grieving. He's not worth it. He hasn't been a father to me in over forty years. And he wasn't much of one before then. I'm telling you this to show you everyone has to deal with death. That's true with any population.

It doesn't matter if it's a planet, the moon, spaceship, etc. if there is a population everyone there has to deal with death. How we actually deal with it is something else. Here on Earth, we either bury our dead or we cremate them. Several billion planets handle their dead the same way. But it's not exactly the same way. It's either burial or cremation, not both. The rest of the universe uses The Sun to dispose of their dead.

Some planets do bury their dead. But they don't do it on their planets. They either bury them on their moon(s) or they use uninhabited nearby planets. The most common reason they do that is because they used to bury them on their planet, but there was no more room on their world to do that. So, they had to come up with another way to handle death. And that was their solution.

Orbitals, space stations, and SpaceBases orbit planets. So, most of them deal with death the same way that planet does. But there are a few hundred thousand that chose other ways to do it. There are two ways to do it other than their planet's way. One is using a nearby sun. The other way is to use something on their Orbital, space station, or SpaceBase to do it. That usual way is the engines. But there are other ways to do it. Any place that's hot enough to turn the body into ashes can do it. A spaceship handles the dead the same way. Sometimes they can use an inhabited moon, comet, planet, etc. to do it. But it's usually either the sun or something on the spaceship.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901851-January-10th-2017