*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901965-Somehow-this-one-feels-like-it-just-might-happen-to-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#901965 added January 30, 2017 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Somehow this one feels like it just might happen to me.

Date: early 01.12.17 -- Day Three
Music of the Day: "Happen" / Emeli Sandé


I'm going to first start off by saying, sometime last week I fell in love with an album, just a little bit. It was a slow romance between the two of us, that continues to bloom and show facets of itself with each new listening. Long Live the Angels by Emeli Sandé is absolutely amazing, and if you haven't listened to her before, you're in for a treat. She's a little R&B, a little Neo-Soul, and beyond wonderful. I can't hype her enough.

You're probably wondering what that has to do with writing, and hoy boy does it have a strong connection to the words I create. I write with a plethora of music guiding me from scene to scene. I create soundtracks and scores for the stories I write even if it's a short story or even just writing bursts. Music helps me frame my scene beats, my action points, the tones and thematic roots I've striving to achieve as well as the bones that the story will be structured around. Music is such an important step in my writing, I include the song that helped me write a blog entry in my blog.

Much of this has to do with the way I envision what I'm creating. While it can be any little thing that I witness or hear or a moment I come across that sparks a story, the unfolding is like a television or film scene in my head. It's always a ride, because when a new idea hits, I see the scene and wonder what that has to do with anything. So when I'm juggling multiple storyverses, which is every damn day, it can be hilarious as I switching from a highly dramatic action sequence to a fluffy family scene in a completely different world. In order to get some organization from the fray of ideas and worlds and such, I'm thinking about dedicating a blog spot or two to introducing my original characters. Why keep them trapped in my head or on an outline when I can share their quirks and their goals and the challenges that they must face along the way. Obviously a soundtrack will happen. A little music, a little character development, a happy writer.



© Copyright 2017 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901965-Somehow-this-one-feels-like-it-just-might-happen-to-me