*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901993-January-12th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2107082
I am willing to try anything once. But there are some genres I will never try to write.
#901993 added January 12, 2017 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
January 12th, 2017
January 12th, 2017,

Fantasy


Most people think that Science Fiction and Fantasy are the same things. But they aren't. Science Fiction deals with Outer Space and other planets. It's true that Fantasy can also be on other planets. But it would still be considered Science Fiction as the first genre. Fantasy would be probably genre two. Maybe even genre three.

I haven't done a lot of fantasy stories. But I know that I have done at least one. It was a Dark Fantasy for a contest a few months ago. Other than that I don't think I have written any. If I did, it wasn't in the first genre position. It may have been in the second position, but most likely it was in the third position. The only one that I can think of that might have been categorized as Fantasy was one or two Halloween or Parallel Universes ones. I don't think so. But I could be wrong.

I'm not a big fan of Fantasy stories. Probably because every considers it Science Fiction. I do like reading and reviewing it and movies. But not as much television. And definitely not writing it. I don't mind writing it for a contest. Especially the monthly WDC contest. But other than that I probably won't be writing it this year. The only way that I can think of that I would is if it's a WDC contest.

There are several kinds of sub-genres in the Fantasy genre category. The three that I know about are epic, historical, and dark. Epics are exactly what they sound like. Lord of the Ring and the Harry Potter movies are good examples of an epic movie. Historical are what they sound like too. The only problem with historicals is keeping everyone happy. Which is hard to do and still keep history the same. Of course, if you are talking about other worlds then that should be a problem. Dark Fantasy is a little bit hard to discuss. That's because I don't know too much about it. I looked it up on the wiki. And I think I did it right for that contest. No one said that I didn't. So, I presume that I did it correctly. If anyone of you want to read it it's call 'The Trees of Treeland." You can find that on my PureSciFi account. At least I think that it is. But in could be here in PureSciFiPlus too.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFiPlus (UN: purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFiPlus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901993-January-12th-2017