*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902484-Let-me-Tell-you-About-Uncle-Jim
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#902484 added January 17, 2017 at 5:54pm
Restrictions: None
Let me Tell you About Uncle Jim
I have been offsite for the last three days to attend the passing of my Uncle Jim. Let me tell you about Jim, Jimbo, or Jimmer, he went by anything really. He was deaf in one ear so you could call him anything and he would not know it til you put you hand on his arm. Then you were greeted by a shout of whatever nickname he had at the ready and a big old bear hug. He was quite popular with all us kids, and even our own kids.

He loved to play cribbage, whatever that is, and had his favorite hangouts in Lakeville. He did not need to show up with a partner, he would just shout out "who wants to lose today?" and he had a covey of takers who wanted to prove him wrong.

Jim married my aunt and they raised up 7 kids together. He was rough and rowdy until he wrapped himself around a guardrail on the highway because he drank too much. He remained sober for 35 years after that. Never even wanted to relapse. It was only when he had this near death experience, that he realized how much he loved his wife and kids and chose to get help. I am proud of him for figuring out new ways to stay "naughty" and play with the youngest members of the family.

You would have loved Jimmer. I miss him so much.

He truly knew and embraced the concept of living in the dash. http://www.linda-ellis.com/the-dash-the-dash-poem-by-linda-ellis-.html

© Copyright 2017 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902484-Let-me-Tell-you-About-Uncle-Jim