*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902509-Take-One-Time-Capsule-and-See-Me-in-50-Years
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#902509 added January 18, 2017 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
Take One Time Capsule and See Me in 50 Years.
What would my contribution be to a 50-year Time Capsule?

How would people of that day know who I am today?

1. My small King James Version Bible would be the first item of my contribution. When I became a Christian at age six, my Dad gave me this Bible with my complete given name engraved across the bottom of the front cover. I am a Christian. You cannot understand me without knowing this fact.

2. My next contribution would be a Christmas tree and seven strings of white lights. As the new Scrooge did at the end of a Christmas Carol, I try to live by his famous quote. “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!” ― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

The fact of Jesus' birth in Bethlehem from the borrowed womb to the borrowed manger and through the borrowed tomb to the everlasting resurrection Life is the concept, that staggers my mind to the Nth degree. How can I think of Christmas only in late November and through December each year? That coming of Jesus of Nazareth to the Earth He created in a human body He created for Himself to redeem fallen men, women, boys and girls, unto eternal Life in Heaven with Him is more than I can consume to my core for only one month a year. Christmas is absolutely necessary for Resurrection Sunday Morning to occur. It has been said, "Christmas without Resurrection Sunday Morning is pointless. Resurrection Sunday Morning without Christmas is impossible!" Therefore, Christmas is the JOY of One, Who came to make Salvation possible. Resurrection Sunday Morning is Secret Christmas because "The Best Present of Christmas is opened on Resurrection Sunday Morning!"

There is a very good reason why I am addicted to Christmas. It is because First and Second Christmas are the reason I know JOY forever! :D

3. My third contribution into the time capsule would be the 100 best of my traditional poems. All would be created in strict rhythm and rhyme. My gifting from The LORD is poetry. I would say the best parts of me are pure poetry.

4. My fourth contribution would be photos of my wife, hippychick and my daughter, Jade Amber Jewel . Next to the Salvation of my soul and the poetry, that expresses my heart, my dear family is the greatest Gift of my life on Earth.

This is not to say my poetry is more important than my family. This is so say the human breathes and he shares his life with all those around him. My heart beats poetry. My lungs breathe poetry. My family is part of the lyrical expression and the loving interaction of my life.

Are there myriad other things I could include in such a time capsule? Of course! I love Snoopy, the dog who knows how to fit in socially to help the little boy, like me, who just didn't know how. I would include chocolate chips, that would no doubt be petrified in 50 years, to show Humanity how to enjoy a half hour of peace by snarfing down a bag of chocolate chips. These would be joined by a piano, a tuba, needlepoint creations, bolo ties creations, cowboy hats, a saddle, a flag of Texas and the list goes on.

Yet, the best way to know the person I really will be in 50 years is to pay me a visit at my Home in Heaven. It is currently being prepared for me by Jesus of Nazareth. (John 14:1-6)

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*

© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902509-Take-One-Time-Capsule-and-See-Me-in-50-Years