*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902902-WDC-and-Goals
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#902902 added January 22, 2017 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
WDC and Goals
The Sunday News! Seven WDC authors were just promoted to Moderator status! ("Note: Congratulations to...") Visit one of their ports and review one of their items...and in your entry here, now would be a good time to tell us what your goals are for being with WDC (whether you're a newbie or someone who's been around the block awhile). Make sure you include your review, using the Invalid Review tag.

Owl with signature



I reviewed
 When Your Cat Adopts You  (E)
Advertorial for Central Veterinary Clinic
in the portfolio by Amy-very very busy. It was a short advertisement about veterinary clinics for cats.

I'm not sure everyone who writes with WDC has goals for being with the website. When I joined I was looking for a place to keep the articles I was writing because the things I write seem to come up missing. I like reviewing books. My first Blog was with Google. I reviewed a few books for that blog.

WDC has given me a place to keep my short reviews and incentive to continue reading and reviewing through "The Monthly Reading Challenge."

I always wanted to write a novel of my own and now I am working slowly on one. I have written several chapters. So, far I am keeping it safe. It needs a lot of editing. Someday I will post the chapters in my portfolio. (There is a red squirrel just hopped into my view through my window. He is watching me type and eating a black walnut for breakfast. *Laugh* I'm morning entertainment for wildlife).

When I found New Horizons Academy I was happy to know I could continue my writing education. There are some more classes I would like to take but find myself swamped with odd amounts of busyness the last two semesters.

Right now my goals I would like to achieve are to do more reviews. Write some more stories about the Adventures of Bea, Meagan and Neil, and work on my book (the short one I just wrote for the 30-Day Challenge needs to be lenghthened). I need to organize my portfolio. I would like to find a subject I like and write a news article about it. News is entertaining. I will continue to blog. I give out the URL to my blog once in awhile. This spring I am going to finish organizing my basement which will give me more control over the house again. In turn, this gives me more time to write.

When I first started traveling on the internet I wrote a column for a bird club about pet parrots. The bird club has disbanded. But, I still have the gifts and awards I won while I was writing for them. So, I have been writing things regularly since the 90's.

I think if you want to write well just getting involved in WDC helps that goal.

Happy Writing! *WDC* Write On!

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902902-WDC-and-Goals