*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903442-Jan-29th-Entry-No-News-Is-Good-News
by Espero
Rated: E · Book · Contest · #2107290
Blog for Rising Star's Challenge
#903442 added January 29, 2017 at 4:22pm
Restrictions: None
Jan. 29th Entry: No News Is Good News
he Sunday News! Please, I don't care what you want to talk about today, just no politics. Find a story that makes you feel good about the world and tell us about it.
==================
What makes me feel good about the world?

Diversity, inventiveness, kindness, artistic influence, music.

The world I live in is a diverse place of different cultures, races, interests, sexual preferences, artistic brilliance and creativeness.

I think diversity is one of the most important aspects to a healthy society. It gives us the opportunity to understand others who are different than we are. If we are lucky, we might get to explore where they came from, why they think the way they do, what they believe in and why, and how they feel they are treated in society as a whole.

Today those of differing sexual preferences are not hiding away like some banished people who are not worthy of socializing within our mist. They now have a voice and maybe, those of us who didn't understand them, or didn't want to try, now begin to see that they have a rightful place here, just like everyone else.

All of these cultures, freedom of expression, emerging self awareness, bring to the front some of the greatest things we experience in life. Artistic expression of various methods and forms. Crafts like knitting, crocheting, oragami, sewing, gardening, flowers, bee keeping, beer making, etc., etc.

I'm always amazed when I hear stories of courage and kindness in helping other people; even those we do not know. The recent story of a man who risks his life breaking into a burning car to rescue a woman. Another man who breaths life back into a deer by the side of the road. Men who risk falling through the ice to rescue a person or animal trapped out there. The stories are endless but the theme is the same; there is kindness left in the world.

Last, but not least, soothing to the ear and mind is music; the soul of all humankind.

Espero
** Image ID #2100258 Unavailable **
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Espero (UN: espero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Espero has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903442-Jan-29th-Entry-No-News-Is-Good-News