*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903472-My-Fucking-Weekend
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#903472 added January 29, 2017 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
My Fucking Weekend
I need this rant. So brace yourselves!

FORUM
JAFBG  (XGC)
Because real life isn't always roses and sunshine...
#2094931 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


Prompt: Tell us about something/someone that fucked you off this week.

It's not a secret that I'm not a fan of Donald Trump. And I have tried to gain some perspective for where the man is coming from, but with his latest executive order I find myself depressed, scared, and thoroughly fucking pissed off.

In one week he has managed to make me wonder what the hell has happened to the belief system I grew up with when it comes to my country. Social media has become a shit fest with the most outrageous things I've ever heard in my life being repeated as if they are actual facts. It makes me ashamed to be an American.

My daughter-in-law is here, waiting for her status to change to Permanent Resident, and I honestly pray that she doesn't see the news. 7 countries are on the executive order, and not one person from those countries has committed ANY terrorist activity in thee US. Don't believe me? Too fucking bad. Look it up.

This morning as I sat watching that joke Preibus on Meet the Press I was outraged to hear that the man doesn't even know what the hell he is talking about. Why I'm surprised I honestly don't know anymore. If anyone saw him this morning you'd know that it's clear he was talking out of his ass. He claims this Immigrant ban doesn't include Green Card/Permanent Residency status, and then turned around and said it does. So helpful for all the people flying back home to the States who were detained. Homeland Security has no fucking clue what's going on. Preibus certainly is clueless. And Trump is such a loose cannon God only know what that man is capable of.

Preibus said that other countries may be added to that list. I'm sitting here praying that my husband's birth country doesn't make that fucking racist list. Let's be clear. That list is racist. It is a ban on a religion. It is disgusting.

I stupidly watched video feed from Facebook that showed protesters at airports across America. What shocked me the most was all the morons commenting. They actually think this has something to do with building the wall to Mexico. *Headbang* *Facepalm* Seriously? Why are you on social media opening your big dumb ass mouth if you don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about? The protests weren't about that fucking wall. Don't even get me started on that eyesore that will grace our border.

Then the news hit from my local channel at Detroit Metro Airport. I sat watching, knowing I shouldn't, yet there I was helpless to shut it off as some asshole says that my city should be bombed. Oh we are known as Little Lebanon. Forget that it's not just Lebanese here in my city, we've always been a diverse city and you can thank Henry Ford for that. The boom to car manufacturing had people all over the world flocking to Dearborn. We had the jobs. Have GM, Ford and Chrysler with big plants that were constantly hiring. I've lived next door to Italians, Polish, Lebanese, American, Mexican, Irish, African Americans, etc. The list goes on and on. You want diverse? I live it daily and I am glad that I've had that opportunity to meet people with different backgrounds.

So shit head while you are threatening my community and believing that my city is filled with terrorists, why don't you take your stupidity and shove it straight up your ass? Maybe, just maybe it will help you grow a brain.

I don't think it's funny to suggest immigrants should be sent back. Unless you are Native American we are all immigrants here. But of course, that argument that our country was built upon is being twisted and torn to shreds. Apparently that no longer matters. Hatred matters. Fear matters. Twisting the truth matters. Having some dumb ass five year old who is on a constant temper tantrum and cannot control one fucking word that comes out of his mouth matters. For God's sake, he still jumps on Twitter as if he has nothing better to do. For the record, being a sore winner is a million times worse than being a sore loser. If I'd have known that being President meant having an abundance of play time I would've ran for office damn self.

Mr. Trump, if you have any brain cells left, I implore you to pick up a fucking book. Learn something. American history would be good for starters. Hell, even a thesaurus would be something useful to you since you constantly repeat the same words for anything and everything you do. It's going very, very well. NOT. It's going to be beautiful. NOT. It's going to the best thing anyone has every seen. NOT.

I watched Bill Maher Friday night. At first I thought, damn he's right, stroking that idiots ego just might make things better. But then giving that some serious thought I realize that it will only make things worse. As if we need things to get worse.

For all of you that have marched, kept your cool, stood up for America's core values, I applaud you. For those of you that still cannot see how damaging this will be for our country for decades to come, I pray for you. And for those of you just as lost as I am, I feel your depression and heartache.

Social media is now a place I cannot go to read the latest Irish quote, or to catch up with friends, or to just scroll through for amusement when I'm bored. I want the days of eloquence back when it comes to the ruler of the Free World. I'll be waiting for the Impeachment hearings to begin, or to see how quickly his fucking mouth throws us into another unnecessary war. I see no other options at this point. It's all down hill from here I'm afraid.

So fuck it. I choose not to support him. I choose to stand up for my values and those of my family. I choose to fight for my daughter-in-laws rights if Lebanon should become the next country on the list. And for the record. We spent 3 damn days filling out form after form just to submit her marriage license. The only thing the Dept of Homeland Security didn't need to know was the last time she took a shit. You think it's easy to come to this country legally, think again. We've jumped through every damn hoop, and will continue to do so. But at the rate things are spiraling right now, I don't think even my husband's legit citizenship will keep us safe. Oh, and I have dual citizenship as well. Bet that will come into play as well. Being the terrorist that I am and all.






© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903472-My-Fucking-Weekend