*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903540-Making-Knowledgable-Decisions
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#903540 added January 30, 2017 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Making Knowledgable Decisions
Motivational Monday! Former US President Franklin D. Roosevelt, born on this day in 1882, once said "I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." How important to your success (in any part of your life) is it to surround yourself with talented, knowledgeable, and/or fun people?

A signature owl


President Roosevelt may have been smarter than he thinks. When people share knowledge it helps when making life decisions.

At times in my life I have had knowledgeable people around me. I was able to gain small amounts of success. At other times, finding knowledgeable friends to share with was like fighting my way through a dark cloud. Then, I had to rely on the written word or earlier friendships and sharing.

I live in a very rural area. Many of my real family members have vanished from the area. They only return when they want to run up and down the road in cars to look around. I'm not acquainted with some of the second cousins. And, only know a smattering about any nieces and nephews. If you are born around here and stayed here permanently you may have grown up with members of one sisterhood or another. Or, members of one or another brotherhoods. This assures you of many reliable people who will know you and all about you. If you never joined this type of group you are an outsider most of your life in Northwestern Pennsylvania. This can mean low paying jobs, bad educational opportunities, low opportunities for group participation and other life experiences.

I took a college course where the first week one boy got up and walked out. He said he would not be back because the whole class was Greeks and he wouldn't get a fair shake. I stayed. I learned a lot in that class. When they divided into groups they wouldn't pick me to be a member. So, I stood my ground until out of desperation one girl in the sister hood stood up and said, "I don't care what they do to me I'll let you work with me." I passed the class and I was grateful for her support. But, I always wondered what they did to her for letting me study with her?

Don't let the pack separate you from the herd. Always keep your armor and weapons ready.

When Roosevelt was President of the USA he had to have advisors to count on because he was making decisions that would affect a nation of people. It's not a job one person can do alone.

Quote:A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. Theodore Roosevelt
Read more at {link: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_knowledge.html}

*Hand* See Ya!


© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903540-Making-Knowledgable-Decisions