*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903575-Influential-People
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2106234
30 Days Blogging Challenge
#903575 added January 30, 2017 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
Influential People
         Motivational Monday! Former US President Franklin D. Roosevelt, born on this day in 1882, once said: "I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." How important to your success (in any part of your life) is it to surround yourself with talented, knowledgeable, and/or fun people?          

I hadn't had much chance as a writer to surround myself with other writers until I joined WDC. I do have the experience of being a musician and surrounding myself with those who have a wealth of experience. I never took any grades in music; I learnt to play the piano and the piano accordion and I've found that I've learnt more from those musicians around me than I ever learnt from being taught.

Don't get me wrong, lessons are often necessary, I had piano lessons until I was eleven and accordion lessons from eleven for about three or four years. However, there is more to learning something that just the lessons themselves. Over the years, I've been in two Accordion Bands and I learnt so much from those in the bands.

I have a friend who, when I met her, was leading Worship in our Church. Over the years she has encouraged me and I now, not only lead Worship but also I'm now the Worship Team Coordinator. I couldn't have come this far without her influence; she's one of those fun people too, which is a bonus. It's this fun side of her that has got me over some of my fears, one of them the idea of standing in front of a congregation as they hang on my every word.

I've also had the opportunity to study under two very influential people within Church Worship circles; it's one of the reasons I'm now leading our Worship team.

I think that we definitely should surround ourselves with people who are more experienced than we are in our field. We can learn so much just by being around them.




Group signature.

© Copyright 2017 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903575-Influential-People