*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903807-Change
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#903807 added February 2, 2017 at 5:55pm
Restrictions: None
Change
Prompt: What are some things about yourself you hope never change?

===========


Wanting something not to change doesn't really work in life. Change is always inevitable and in the forecast, but what I hope for is a change for the positive and improved things about me. Consistency and resilience are a couple of those things I consciously built up through life. I hope they never diminish, and if they change, I hope they do for the better.

I heard about the importance of resilience from Miss Lindsay (RIP) our high school Home-Ec teacher. She told us to manage our personal vulnerabilities with intelligence, to prepare ourselves to withstand the impact of any negative situation, event, or bodily mishap in life, and not to dwell on what feels offensive but either to accept what we can accept or try to change things for the positive.

Although, right now, I have squeezed in a nutshell what she tried to instill in us, building resilience isn’t all that easy. It took me a lifetime to work on it, and I haven’t even completed it, yet.

Dogged consistency without giving up is what helps one to build resilience. Plus, the side benefit of resilience and consistency is patience, which I haven’t fully mastered, either.

Still, I keep trying at fixing myself, no matter what the outcome.


© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903807-Change