*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903902-Lida-Rose-Theme--Variations
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2101955
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#903902 added February 5, 2017 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Lida Rose: Theme & Variations
The original version of "Lida Rose" from the 1962 movie, The Music Man with Robert Preston and Shirley Jones makes for a wonderful duet between the Buffalo Bills Barbershop Quartet and Shirley Jones. (The visuals are very nice in the movie, but sadly I couldn't find any YouTube clip from the movie. The audio from the long-play record will give anyone, who takes time to contemplate this post, a sufficient baseline for understand the humor, which follows with the video of Storm Front.)



This variation by Storm Front, a barbershop quartet from the Colorado Springs/Pike's Peak Area is both vocally sound and dramatically entertaining. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I have watched it over and over and over and over, again.



The way artists create and recreate artistic forms is truly fascinating to me.


I love music of many and varied forms and instrumentations.
I love visual art, which uses watercolors, pastels, acrylics, oil paints, sculpture, mixed media.
I love word smithy.
The ability to take one word or a phrase of words or a theme of the usage of words
and to make them into compositions that are excellent
beyond the ability to describe in words is phenomenal to my heart.


This musical blog post is merely a small taste of the music page I am creating for GabriellaR45 and I am planning to open to the community within the next week. (I would have opened it to the community by now, but I keep finding new songs and musical styles to highlight.)

Here is my latest signature, given to me by my own beautiful daughter, Jade Amber Jewel.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

*StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* I'm a member of the Rising Stars Program for 2016-2017 *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV* *StarY* *StarV*


© Copyright 2017 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903902-Lida-Rose-Theme--Variations