*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904274
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904274 added October 26, 2017 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
F-9 Words-300
she showered on him and the care she gave him seemed natural enough. The bond between the two grew stronger after the demise of aunt’s husband, Steve. Jonathan loved to listen to the jokes and fun stories that uncle John had no dearth of. The Union Bank that uncle john had an account at, was just on the next block where aunt Sarah lived. To observe the people coming in and out of the bank building was one of the favorite occupations of Jonathan till his mother arrived from work.

John's visit to us on a Saturday was out of the blue. After a couple of hours he rose to leave for his other sister’s house saying that he had some business to transact at the bank. By the evening he was back at our house. He looked pale and his face was a bit serious. This was something unusual with uncle John,

“ Hello Uncle John! This is a nice surprise. We have a lot time on our hands. Please stay over the night and you can leave in the morning. Shall we go to the night club tonight?”

“No, Jim, I’m not in mood. I have to tell you something which has been bothering me for awhile.”
I was a little taken aback to see him this dull. In my eighteen years of closeness with uncle John, this was the first time I saw him off color.

“What is the matter uncle John? Let me help you if I could,” I implored in a worried voice.

He raised his downcast eyes and said rather reluctantly,
“I meant to tell you this a long time back, but I thought things would fall in place in time. Perhaps I was wrong in concluding so,” he said contemplatively.
“What happened..”
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904274