*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904532-F-13-Words-400
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904532 added February 13, 2017 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
F-13 Words-400
dropped it in the shelf where he kept important papers and documents. Then he clean forgot about it. I need to sort the papers, file them neatly and keep them in separate shelves, he chided himself. Important things get ignored without our realizing so. A few days later, Martin, one of the field men needed some money to pay the doctor who treated his mother of some kind of ‘flu. Once again he must have forgotten to keep the check book back in its place after issuing a check to Martin. And the culprit picked it up and used to rob him of his hard-earned money. Now, the pieces of this jigsaw seem to fall in place.
That was John’s predicament when he met me. He told me every single thing of the chain of events, which now seem to have reached a dead end.
I took him to the night club just to cheer him and lift his spirits. He was reluctant to go, but I could convince of the need to divert his mind from being too worried. His present worries hung heavy on his mind. The club was busy with the Saturday crowd. Lovers and married people, friends and general public were all there. I chose some corner seats facing the sea. Passing ships and their lights were an attractive sight from the shore. The waiter took our order and served the appetizers. As we dug into them, a familiar voice greeted me.

“Hi, Jim, how are you doing?” reached out, a sweet voice.
I turned around saw a lovely girl coming towards our table. Oh, that was Ashley, a school mate from the past. We never crossed paths after graduating from the high school. She was as sweet and composed as she was.

“Hello, Ashley, long time. Can you join us or are you with anyone?” I asked, wishing her alone. You see I was one of her many admirers in school. The instant joy I felt at looking at her was proof enough that I still love her as I did as an impressionable teenager.

“I am alone. My sister was supposed to join me. But she cried off in the last moment pleading headache. I can join you if you like.” She said smilingly.
“Please do join us. It will no doubt do us a lot of good,” helping her to sit in....



© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904532-F-13-Words-400