*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904684-F-15-Words-450
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904684 added February 15, 2017 at 3:30am
Restrictions: None
F-15 Words-450
Words-450

eyes lit up with hope. Jonathan too appeared to be listening to the exchange.

“My clinic is on the main street. You can see it quite clearly on the left just after the crossroads as you come from your home. You can drop Jonathan on way to your work- place Jim,” Ashley suggested.

“Sure, Ashley. Thank you for the help. It means a lot for the family,” I said sincerely.

Uncle John was much pleased at the turn of events as he told me later.. Every situation had two sides, he reflected. He saw the wisdom of this saying in his own present life. Here he was confused as to what to do about the threat to his bank account, but things during this condition turned in favor of his nephew, Jonathan, for whom nobody gave a thought. Nobody knew what to do or whom to meet to cure him of his physical and mental retardation. Here was this girl from the past appearing like an angel of mercy and determined to do something for the boy to improve the quality of his life.

I took both uncle John and Ashley to the substation. Uncle insisted that he too would like to go away back to his home. His presence at the homestead was needed almost every day. Something or the other kept on happening at some place on the estate. His supervisor was a reliable person but even he could do to some limit and not beyond. I took them both in my car dropped them at the entrance gate. The station was buzzing with the crowd and noises of voices and the bustle of the people walking to and fro.
Both, uncle John and Ashley had passes which allowed them to travel without much hassle. We exchanged some small talk as we waited for their trains. Uncle’s train arrived earlier.
He went into the compartment with the words,

”OK Jim, as soon as I get some information on the matter, I will ring you, and let’s plan our next course of action accordingly. See you soon. Bye, Ashley. Take care dear girl,” He waved. The train moved soon after.

I was glad that his earlier depression disappeared and he was back to his normal self. Then I turned back to Ashley who was waving to uncle John. The platform was almost empty except for a few who came to see their dear ones off. The night was pleasant and the cool breeze was soothing enough.

“So, how are you doing Ashley. I didn’t get a chance to talk to you at all. Did you stay here all the time after school?” I asked looking at her.
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904684-F-15-Words-450