*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904689-Wise-Words
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#904689 added February 15, 2017 at 7:31am
Restrictions: None
Wise Words
Prompt: Susan B. Anthony , who was born on this day back in 1820, once said, "Forget conventionalisms; forget what the world thinks of you stepping out of your place; think your best thoughts, speak your best words, work your best works, looking to your own conscience for approval." Take apart her quote; what does each part mean to you? How does it motivate you to do the things you want to do and the things you love to do? Do her words still matter, some 150+ years later? And how important is approval or validation of your work, be it in writing, or in your day-to-day life?

Ooooo we get to dissect today! This could get interesting indeed. *Laugh*

I'm all for forgetting society's expectations and marching to the beat of my own drummer. Though this is easier said than done. The world demands a lot of us.

I believe Susan B. Anthony wanted each of us to find our own inner strength and empower ourselves as we set out into the world.

Think your best thoughts
The power of positivity certainly keeps us in a happy place. The happier we are, the more we will shine. Those little day-to-day annoyances will be brushed right off and not effect us on a deeper level. We spend so much time analyzing the mundane crap that happens and finding ways to sabotage ourselves it's exhausting. Putting good thoughts in our heads about the world around us will keep the weight of the world off our shoulders and we will feel lighter.

Speak your best words
Again, the power of positivity. Have you ever noticed how getting a compliment brings a smile and makes you feel better? Just as a negative comment to you can make you feel worse about yourself. If we all thought things through before we spoke and only said nice things to one another the world would be a better place. I don't understand why people find it necessary to trash talk everything they see in front of them, especially people. Look at the bashing Lady Gaga took after her halftime performance. This is exactly what is wrong with the world today. They weren't commenting on her kick ass performance. God forbid! No, the haters came out in droves to comment on her stomach because she showed a little skin. Wake up people, she is tame compared to most of the celebrities that show so much of their bodies there is nothing left to the imagination. Ugh, I'm off on a rant now *Laugh* My bad.

Work your best works
Whatever it is your good at, do your very best. Even if you're not so great at a specific task, put forth your best effort. No one can say anything bad about doing your best. There is nothing better than a sense of accomplishment, and if we work at something, there is a payoff for it. Even if we are the only ones that see it.

Looking to your own conscience for approval.
There it is in a nutshell. The only persons actions we are responsible for is ourselves. We do not need anyone else's approval for the things we say and do. We all have that inner voice that tries to guide us through this life. When we make a mistake, it's ours alone. Own it. When we do good, take pride in that. And when we screw up, learn and grow from it.

Good advise and a great reminder.


GROUP
30-Day Bloggers Group  (13+)
Among the best bloggers on WDC can be found here. Join us, and expand your readership.
#1788309 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2017 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904689-Wise-Words