*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904829-Its-about-Love
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#904829 added February 16, 2017 at 9:11pm
Restrictions: None
It's about Love
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
No not just for some but for everyone


I couldn't agree more with these lyrics. I see the chaos the world is in and it's hard to watch. We live in a world of splendor, spectacular sights and so many things right at our fingertips. I've never been one that easily wraps their brain around hate and negativity. I'm not saying I've never hated things, or been hateful or negative. I'm one of those people who feels massive guilt when I know I've hurt someone, consciously or not.

I don't understand why it's so difficult to be nice to one another. Why is it so hard to consider what someone else might be feeling? I don't think we were put here to attack each other for opposing viewpoints. That is what is happening every day now. There is no escape from it that I can see. We get so caught up in our ego that it's stifling the world. I don't remember things being so out of control when I was a kid. The world was more carefree. You knew your neighbors, stood beside them in times of trouble, and applauded their achievements.

Now it seems families are divided over religion and politics. Forget about walking next door for a cup of coffee and sharing your worries or some random chit chat. Sadly, those days are gone. Everyone seems to be caught up in themselves, what is best for them, and what they deem is right and wrong. Conform or get out. I don't get it!

I despise the 'my way or the highway' attitude. Selfishness. And sore winners.

We need to love one another. To have an open mind. No one ever said you had to agree. Agree to disagree, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's healthy to explore someone else's viewpoint.

It is up to us to turn this nonsense around. And the first step would be in opening our hearts and learning to love one another. The things that make us the same, and even those things that make us different. Heal the World. Love your neighbor. It doesn't cost anything to be kind. Living in negativity is exhausting. Being kind lifts your heart and you will feel better for it. That is what we should all be paying forward: Love and Kindness. *Heart*




© Copyright 2017 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904829-Its-about-Love